Become a Monthly Donor
Recurring Wish List Items We Always Welcome
- Papa Johns Pizza Gift Cards- for student parties
- Fast Food Restaurants in $5 and $10 for students (McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Subway, Starbucks, Taco Bell)
- Walmart, Winn Dixie, Publix, Gas Stations in $10-$25 for parent meetings
Items for our Treat Boxes: sticker/coloring books, 50-100 piece puzzles, small lego sets, Small toys (animals, dinosaurs, Transformers, my little pony, cars/trucks, small stuffed animals etc.)
Consumable School Supplies: Pencils, lined paper, composition notebooks, glue bottles
Party Supplies: Cake, Brownie, and Cookie Mixes; Lemonade Mix, Kool-Aid Mix (larger containers please); rectangular plastic tablecloths (any colors)
Tickets for Youth Reward Trips: sporting events, cultural events, or concerts (does not have to be large quantities)
Online Christmas Market
Shop our Online Christmas Market
Make a difference in the life of a child by giving gifts to friends and family that create impact in the lives of children and youth in Overtown and West Homestead through Touching Miami with Love program components!
- Click on the SHOP NOW button to add your gifts to your cart. You can choose multiple funds with varying amounts to gift several people at once.
- In the comments section share the name AND full mailing address where you would like the holiday card sharing of your gift of impact to be sent.
- Multiple gifts? No problem–just put each entry in the comments section as Fund Name: Recipient Name and Address
- Want us to send a virtual card via email? We can do that too! Just include recipients name and email in the comments section.
- You’re Done! A card will be mailed or emailed within 2 days of purchase. You can rest easy this holiday knowing that your gift is creating an impact in the lives of children and youth!
Donate Stock or Mutual Funds to Touching Miami with Love
Donating appreciated securities – such as stock or mutual funds – to Touching Miami with Love is a tax-wise approach. Many donors choose to give gifts to Touching Miami with Love using long-term appreciated stocks and mutual funds due to the attractive tax advantages associated with such gifts.
The benefits available to you when making a charitable contribution of stock or mutual funds may include:
• Avoiding federal and state tax on the capital gain;
• Receiving an income tax deduction (federal and most states) for the full market value of the gift if you itemize deductions on your tax return and have held the assets one year or longer;
• Making a larger gift at a lower original cost to you.
Donating Stocks to Touching Miami with Love is Easier Than You Think!
How Gifting Stock Works: An Example Lesson*
If you purchased stock for $1,500 several years ago that is now worth $5,000, and you sold it for a capital gain of $3,500, you could donate it to Touching Miami with Love, who could then, according to the Tax Code be permitted (as a Section 501(c)(3) charitable institution) to sell the stock without having to recognize the capital gain.
If you donate the stock directly to Touching Miami with Love, you will avoid paying federal capital gains tax of $525 ($3,500 x 15% = $525). And let’s assume you live in one of the states that also taxes capital gains. Assuming a 5% state capital gains tax rate*, you would avoid an additional $175 ($3,500 x 5% = $175) in taxes. This results in a total capital gains tax savings of $700.
Let’s further assume you fall in the 28% federal income tax bracket. By itemizing your deductions, you are eligible to take a $5,000 charitable income tax deduction that saves you an additional $1,400 ($5,000 x 28% = $1,400) of federal income tax for the tax year you made the gift. If your state allows you to deduct charitable gifts, you can also save on your state income taxes. Assuming a 5% state income tax rate, this results in an additional savings of $250 ($5,000 x 5% = $250) for you.
In this hypothetical example, by making a stock or mutual fund donation, you can make a $5,000 gift that generates a total tax savings of $2,350. A direct contribution of $5,000 in cash would generate an income tax saving of $1,650. And if you were to sell the securities first and then donate what’s left after paying taxes, you would only be able to donate $4,300 ($5000 less $525 + $175), which would generate income tax savings of $1,419 ($1,204 + $215). Donating long-term appreciated securities is the tax-efficient way.
- You must itemize your tax return to deduct a charitable donation.
- You must have owned the securities for at least one year before donating them or you will be limited to a deduction of your original purchase cost of the securities.
- You may take a deduction valued up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. If the deduction is greater than 30%, you may carry any unused deduction forward for up to five years into the future until it has been fully used.
- We encourage you to consult your financial planner or tax advisor who can assist you in evaluating the tax advantages available to you when donating appreciated securities.
Touching Miami with Love prefers to receive undesignated gifts, allowing for the greatest flexibility in responding to children’s evolving needs and priorities, but will also accept gifts designated to a specific aspects of our programming.
Other Points to Note
Transfer your securities by DTC through your broker: To learn how to easily transfer your securities to Touching Miami with Love by DTC, please click here for instructions.
Securities held in certificate form: If your securities are held in certificate form, please contact us for specific instructions on transferring your stock to Touching Miami with Love.
Other ways to give securities: Appreciated securities may also be used to fund gift plans that provide payments for life or some years, such as charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts.
*This information is not intended as tax or legal advice. It may not be used to avoid any federal tax penalties or liabilities. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your situation.
Read More About Donating Stocks To Charity
Thank you for supporting the work of
Touching Miami with Love!